Our Policies, Rules and Guidelines
Here at Swim Fanatics we value building relationships and having a fun! It is our goal that each participant has an exciting experience every time they visit our pool. To keep all our swimmers and visitors safe, we have some simple policies and guidelines everyone must follow. It is your job as a participant to get familiar with this list and ensure everyone in your family remain in compliance.
- Regarding cancellations due to inclement weather, Swim Fanatics will follow closures in accordance with Guilford County Schools.
- Cancellations will be posted no later than 2:00pm via Twitter.
- Our Holiday schedule is as follows, no programming on: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Break (See team schedule for swim team, lesson dates are on swim lesson page), Spring Break (Guilford County Schools Schedule), and Memorial Day (Monday).
- On meet weekends there will be no Saturday practice.
- There are no make-ups for canceled swim practice.
- Parents are responsible for notifying Swim Fanatics 24 hours prior to missed lessons.
- Missed swim lessons are not made up unless you have contacted Swim Fanatics within 24 hours of your missed lesson.
- All programming payment must be turned in and waivers signed prior to the first lesson or your child will be dropped from classes.
- Swim Fanatics does not give refunds to participants and credits are only offered for medical reasons.
- The first, last and SFSC Invitational meets are mandatory for all our swim team members.
- There is to be no gum chewing, outside food or drink allowed on the pool deck. Only plastic water bottles permitted.
- SFSC swimmers are to use the front pool gate to enter practice/lessons and not the Sherwood Club entrance.
- Parents/guardians are to call SFSC staff member if they are expecting to be late to pick up their child after practice.
- Swimmers are to be active listeners when in the pool for safety reasons, we ask that eyes and ears are above the water and one hand on the deck when coaches are giving instructions.
- All caps that are worn cannot be associated with other swim teams (ex: GSA, STAR).
- Girl swim team participants must wear caps at all times, this is not a requirement for boys.
- Goggles are required at all practices for swim team members, extras are available if swimmers need to borrow a pair for practice.
- Boy swim team members are to wear jammers and not swim trunks and no swim shirts are allowed.
- Swimmers are not to enter the pool without their instructor in the water or coach on the deck. There is no open swim time around ou lesson schedule.
- Recreational swimming is not allowed before, during or after practice times.
- Swimmers and pool patrons are to follow all posted pool rules.
- Parents of both swim lesson and swim team participants are to stay at a manageable distance in order for coaches, instructors and swimmers to build a caring, dependable and respectful relationship as well as to have a successful lesson/practice.
- Families of swim team members are required to participate in fund-raising events